The Chevening Scholarship Challenge 2021 is now open for applications! This is a fantastic opportunity for talented individuals from around the world to study at some of the UK’s leading universities. The Chevening Scholarship Challenge is an annual competition that provides funding for scholarships to study in the UK. This year, the competition is open to applicants from any country except the UK, EU, or EEA. So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to study in the UK on a fully-funded scholarship, read on for more information about how to apply for the Chevening Scholarship Challenge 2021.
What is the Chevening Scholarship Challenge 2021?
The Chevening Scholarship Challenge is a new initiative for 2021 that will provide 100 fully-funded scholarships to outstanding individuals from around the world. The scholarships will cover all aspects of the recipient’s study at a UK university, including tuition fees, living costs, and travel expenses.
The Chevening Scholarship Challenge is open to anyone who meets the eligibility criteria, regardless of their nationality or country of residence. To be eligible, applicants must:
Be aged 18 or over on the application deadline date
Hold an offer of admission from a participating UK university for the 2021/2022 academic year
Demonstrate strong leadership potential and a commitment to making a positive impact in their community or field of work
Have at least 2 years’ work experience (this can include internships, volunteering, and full-time employment)
Meet the Chevening English language requirements by the application deadline date.
Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously studied in the UK.
How to apply for the Chevening Scholarship Challenge
Applying for the Chevening Scholarship Challenge is easy. All you need to do is submit an online application form and essay.
The online application form will ask you for your personal details, education and employment history, and reasons for wanting to study in the UK. You will also be asked to provide two references who can attest to your academic ability and potential.
Your essay should be well-reasoned and persuasive, outlining why you believe you should be awarded the scholarship. Be sure to evidence your commitment to the values of the Chevening Scholarship Challenge in your writing.
Once you have submitted your online application form and essay, all that remains is to wait for a decision from the judging panel. If successful, you will be notified of your award and given further instructions on how to proceed with your studies in the UK.
How to Enter the Chevening Scholarship Challenge
1. How to Enter the Chevening Scholarship Challenge
To be in with a chance of winning the Chevening Scholarship Challenge, simply register your interest on the Chevening website. You’ll then be given access to a series of online challenges, which you’ll need to complete in order to be entered into the prize draw.
But that’s not all – as well as completing the challenges, you’ll also need to submit a short video explaining why you’re interested in studying overseas and what you hope to gain from the experience. The deadline for entries is 31 August 2020, so make sure you get registered and start working on your submission today!
What are the Prizes for the Chevening Scholarship Challenge?
If you are one of the lucky few to receive a Chevening Scholarship, you will be awarded:
-A return economy flight to the UK
-An academic year of tuition fees
-A generous monthly allowance
-An additional travel grant to cover the cost of travel within the UK and Europe during your studies
-An exclusive invitation to the Chevening Alumni Association
Criteria of Chevening Scholarship
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship, you must:
-Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
-Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
-Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. You must also have achieved, or be on course to achieve, the equivalent of a 2:1 honours degree by the time you submit your application
-Have at least two years’ work experience (this may include internships and voluntary work)
-Apply to three different eligible UK master’s courses and have your applications confirmed by your chosen universities by the time you submit your application
-Meet the Chevening English language requirement by the time you submit your application
-Be willing to share your experiences of studying in the UK with fellow Chevening Scholars and alumni through events, social media, and blogging
How will the Winners be Chosen?
The Chevening Scholarship Challenge will be open to all current Chevening Scholars, who will be invited to submit a short video (no longer than two minutes) answering the question: ‘What has been the biggest challenge you have faced during your time as a Chevening Scholar, and how did you overcome it?’
A panel of judges will then select three winners, who will each receive a £500 cash prize. The judging criteria will focus on the creativity of the video, the content and delivery of the answer, and how well the answer demonstrates the positive impact that receiving a Chevening Scholarship has had.
Terms and Conditions
1. Chevening Scholarships are awarded to outstanding individuals with leadership potential who are committed to making a difference in their home countries. The scholarship provides full financial support for a one-year Master’s programme at any UK university, as well as access to exclusive networking opportunities and events.
2. Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis and we assess applications against the following criteria:
– Academic excellence
– Leadership potential
– A strong commitment to developing your career and making a difference in your home country
3. We expect Chevening Scholars to act as ambassadors for their programme of study, the UK, and Chevening during and after their scholarship. In return for this, scholars must agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
– Pay back any money owed to us or our sponsors;
– Keep in regular contact with us during your scholarship;
– Comply with UK immigration requirements; and
– Share your experiences as a Chevening Scholar through our social media channels and other platforms.
What are the prizes?
The Chevening Scholarship Challenge is an annual competition that offers a range of prizes to UK-based students who are studying for a postgraduate degree.
The first prize is a full scholarship to study at any UK university, worth up to £100,000. The second prize is a partial scholarship worth up to £50,000. There are also a number of smaller prizes ranging from £500 to £5,000.
To be eligible for the Chevening Scholarship Challenge, you must be a UK-based student who is currently enrolled on a postgraduate degree programme at a UK university. You must also have achieved excellent academic results and demonstrate strong leadership potential.
1. Contact Information
If you think you have what it takes to be a Chevening Scholar, get in touch with your local British embassy or high commission.
The Chevening Scholarship Challenge is an annual event that gives eligible undergraduates the opportunity to win a prestigious scholarship to study at any UK university of their choice. The competition is open to students from around the world, and the closing date for applications is typically in early December each year.
To be eligible for the Chevening Scholarship Challenge, applicants must:
– Be aged 18 or over on the date of application
– Have completed at least 12 years of schooling
– Be a national of, and permanently resident in, a country that is eligible for Chevening Scholarships (excluding the UK)
– Not have previously studied for or hold a degree from a British university (unless completing a postgraduate programme)
– Meet the Chevening English language requirements by the time of application
– Have been offered a place on a one-year master’s course at any UK university, beginning in the academic year following application
The benefits of the Chevening Scholarship Challenge
The Chevening Scholarship Challenge is a great opportunity for international students to come to the UK and study at some of the world’s top universities. Chevening Scholarships are awarded to outstanding individuals who have been identified as future leaders around the world.
The benefits of the Chevening Scholarship Challenge include:
– Access to world-class education: The Chevening Scholarship Challenge provides international students with the opportunity to study at some of the UK’s leading universities. Chevening Scholarships are prestigious and highly competitive, so successful applicants can be confident that they are receiving a top-quality education.
– A global network of contacts: As a Chevening Scholar, you will join a global network of more than 50,000 alumni who are committed to making a difference in their countries and communities. This network provides valuable opportunities for networking, mentorship, and collaboration.
– Professional development opportunities: In addition to your academic studies, you will have access to professional development opportunities through the Chevening Scholarship Challenge. These opportunities will help you develop the skills and experience you need to reach your career goals.
– A taste of British culture: The Chevening Scholarship Challenge provides an opportunity to experience British culture firsthand. From attending events at historic venues like Buckingham Palace to exploring England’s picturesque countryside, you will have many chances to experience all that Britain has to offer.
FAQs about the Chevening Scholarship Challenge
FAQs about the Chevening Scholarship Challenge
1. What is the Chevening Scholarship Challenge?
The Chevening Scholarship Challenge is a competition open to any international student who wishes to study at a postgraduate level in the United Kingdom. The challenge requires applicants to submit an essay answering a given question, with successful entrants being awarded a scholarship to cover the costs of their studies.
2. How can I enter the Chevening Scholarship Challenge?
To enter the Chevening Scholarship Challenge, simply visit the official website and fill out an application form. Be sure to include your essay along with the other required materials before the deadline passes.
3. What are the eligibility requirements for the Chevening Scholarship Challenge?
In order to be eligible for the Chevening Scholarship Challenge, you must be aged 18 or over and have completed an undergraduate degree from a recognised institution. You must also be proficient in English and meet all of the UK’s visa requirements. For more information on eligibility requirements, please consult the official website.
4. What is the judging criteria for the Chevening Scholarship Challenge?
Judges will be looking for essays that display originality, critical thinking, and clear writing style. Your essay should also demonstrate an understanding of British culture and society, as well as your potential contribution to it during your studies and beyond. For more tips on writing a successful essay, please refer to the official website.
We hope that this article has inspired you to take on the Chevening Scholarship Challenge 2021. This is an amazing opportunity to gain funding for your studies, as well as the chance to make a difference in the world. We wish you all the best of luck in your applications and we can’t wait to see what you achieve!